Saturday, February 04, 2012

The sale of the house in Barbansais finally became fact a week ago and co-incidentally my ownership of the domain name www.barbansais.com came up for renewal this week.  I have let it lapse and some time today my pretty little website will no longer pop up onto the screen when you enter that name into your address bar.

Pretty little things are on show at GoMA.  I paid a post-prandial visit yesterday and particularly liked the lampshade tower, the photo of the pish balloon and the video of the alien disguised as a human being; for the modern art lover there are lots of other treats including some fluorescent tubes by Martin Boyce that I saw in a fashion show video on Youtube just a few days ago.

As is usual in galleries there was a chap keeping an eye on visitors and exhibits but unusually (I imagine) he turned out to be something of a modern art lover and indeed proselytiser.  He chatted to us knowledgeably about the exhibits and the development of modern art since the beginning of the 20th century.  Not only was it impressive but it made me look at the stuff with kinder eyes.   

No comments: