Monday, February 20, 2012

I was waiting to cross the road at the east end of Princes St when a tourist asked me how to get to Market St.  The easiest way I thought is to go through the station.  Just pop down the newly re-opened Waverley Steps, along the walkway and emerge through the back door into Market St.  So I told her.  Then I want to go to the High St. she said.  Thinking to myself that the best way there was up the North Bridge to the traffic lights, turn either left or right and you're in it I asked if she had business in Market St. or did she really just want to go to the High Street.

At this she pulled out a mini google map print, pored over it and explained that her enquiry was to enable her to rendevous with a coach early tomorrow morning in Castlehill.  Why she hadn't asked for Castlehill in the first place I can't imagine but I then sent her along Princes St., up The Mound with a right kink in front of the Assembly Hall to the top of Castlehill.

I expect the coach will in fact be parked on the Castle Esplanade but she can find that out for herself.

No comments: