Monday, May 12, 2014

The last remaining tranche of Commonwealth Games tickets went on sale at 10 this morning. I was there in the hope of getting a ticket for the gymnastics event that was the one out of six events that I failed to get a ticket for first time round.

I logged on before 10 and as expected went into a queue. The reported wait slowly went down from over an hour to between 30 and 60 minutes, then to between 0 and 30, ha! ha!

Over thirty minutes later at approximately 12.20 my internet connection, which since I upgraded to BT Infinity has been 99.9% flawless went down.

Panic stations followed by ineffective fiddling followed by it's self-righting followed by my getting back onto the ticket site placed me as you have no doubt guessed further back in the queue.  I have to go out before the forecast puts me at the front and I suspect it's an optimistic forecast and there's no guarantee of a ticket being available if and when I do get there so I am not holding my breath in anticipation of success.

No comments: