Saturday, October 06, 2012

It's long been annoying that when I'm busy in the kitchen, the cooker hood sooking noisily and the radio playing, I can't hear the phone.  Every time I've missed a call, and it's surprising how many calls seem to come then, I've declared that I must install an extra handset in the kitchen.

So missing a call the other day I decided enough was enough, went straight to ebay, found what I needed and bought a handset.

Not much later the same day I saw that the answerphone had a message.  But I'd been sitting reading for a couple of hours and couldn't possibly have missed a call unless....yes the damned phone's ringing mechanism was broken.

So back to ebay for a new base station.  Now I've got a phone that rings amd an extension in the kitchen that also rings but from the previously noisy one beside my bed not a cheep.  

No comments: