Tuesday, October 02, 2012

I got onto the golf course today for the first time since I got back from France, having been prevented by rain and wind last week and by indolence the week before.  Had my partner not lost a ball at one point we'd have got into the clubhouse before the rain but as it was we got a bit drookit on the 18th. That apart the weather was quite pleasant.

The new piste at the ski centre is coming on apace but something else has sprung up which I couldn't work out.  It looked like a set of runs for sledges or toboggans.  Checking on-line afterwards I find the runs are for something called Zorbing that it will take a braver man than me to have a go at.

However I must do some straightforward skiing there over the next few months because after many winters saying to myself that I must go skiing again I've booked a week in the Italian Dolomites in March.  Given that it's ten years since I had a ski on my feet I feel I shall be in need of a little preparatory work to recover the ability to fall over without hurting myself too badly.

No comments: