Thursday, April 12, 2012

This little beauty caused a degree of excitement when it was pulled from my jawbone an hour ago.  Excitement to the extent that my dentist sent it next door for her colleague to admire.  It is you see the four leaf clover of the dental world.  It's a double rooted canine.

What's more it's in mint condition.  There's no decay.  It isn't broken.  It bites perfectly.

But it had to go.  You see it's a drifter.  For several years it's been making it's way out of my jawbone towards my upper teeth and those upper teeth are about to be lowered in the reversal of some treatment that I was conned into having many years ago.  The canine was sitting too high for that to be done without a collision so bye bye little dogie.

Now it's a question of waiting till the anaesthetic wears off and the pain begins. 

No comments: