Friday, April 06, 2012

I was innocently trying to update www.dicksonfield.co.uk to bring to the notice of the world in general and the residents of Dicksonfield in particular that the chairman of our residents association will be one of the carriers of the olympic flame as it makes its way around the UK when I found that access to my hosting account had been suspended.

I fired off a support ticket asking why and in answer was asked to explain the nature and purpose of my websites and especially to explain what one particular page was all about.  Would it not have been easier I thought for the defenders of freedom to have read what was on the page rather than assume that the words "Heil Caesar" (brought to their attention no doubt by a crawling bot) were a manifestation of  neo-fascist goings on that had to be quashed by closing down The Life of Brian and freezing my account.

If the government get their way over cyberspace surveillance I'll probably be fighting extradition next.

No comments: