Thursday, April 21, 2011

I've just spent four sunny days on location at an Edinburgh bowls club with a group of very well organised ECA film students. The shoot finished bang on schedule and we then played bowls for an hour under the expert guidance of a champion. The director (he with a knee missing from his jeans and the tea-cosy on his head) is hooked and left swearing to take out membership and bring the club's average age down a decade or three.

My broadband was out of action when I got home and investigation revealed a cock-up by either BT, Talk Talk or both. My number has been given to someone in another flat in the block. Currently the phone rings in both flats but neither of us has broadband on the line. Thanks to a long ago flirtation with FON I have an alternative, albeit open to all comers.

So till it's sorted out, and with a holiday weekend almost upon us who knows when that will be, I am having unprotected web access. It calls to mind when STD meant subscriber trunk dialling.

No comments: