Monday, April 11, 2011

In this post I regretted the demise of Jazz FM as a national broadcaster. Well eighteen months later it has ventured out of its metropolitan heartland into the airwaves above Edinburgh once again. I have my three DAB sets tuned in and I wish it every success. Pity about the ads though.

No ads at the Camino café last night where I betook myself for an hour or so to hear a fellow thespian's debut performance as a singer. She was very impressive although I thought her KT Tunstall numbers didn't suit her voice as well as the other songs she sang. There was a sweet young man on the bill as well who disarmingly apologised profusely for forgetting the lyrics of one number. Someone should whisper in his ear to just doo la la the next time.

I wandered home down Leith Walk around 10 find Edinburgh's bon viveurs still sitting out at café tables profiting from April's unusual weather. But were those hedonists not heedless of the law? Don't we have some daft rule that insists such tables should be swept away by 9pm?

I got home in time to see Rory McIlroy take a leaf out of my golfing book, poor lad.

No comments: