Friday, April 22, 2011

It seemed this morning that I had praised BT too soon for when I switched on about 10.30 to check my email there was no broadband.

The phone was ok so I set to to complain. After various button presses I found my self off-shore and explained my problem and its background. We then went through various restarts and examination of sockets and filters, all of which I had either already done or felt pointless but he would not be gainsaid. Then a line test. I had to swear that during the ensuing 15 to 20 minutes I would not make a phone call or answer one until he called to say he had completed the test. A bit of a problem to know which call to answer you might think but I helpfully suggested he call my mobile when the job was done.

So he did, only to explain that the end of his resources had been reached and that for further help and ultimate satisfaction he would have to pass me on to another department. He explained this to me several times and assured me several times that he would explain my problem very carefully to his colleague. We parted with mutual declarations of esteem.

His colleague came on the line saying I understand your problem is X. Wincing a little I said that it was in fact Y and delivered the entire back story. This chap seemed to be but a facilitator for his contribution was to tell me that he would advise engineers who would rush to my assistance no later than next Wednesday while he "took ownership of the problem". There was it seemed a fault. No kidding. He thanked me for my patience. Mutual esteem being the order of the day I assured him of my delight and rang off.

I kid you not, within 10 seconds the previously missing broadband light flickered briefly orange and settled to a healthy steady blue which it has maintained ever since. So aren't BT marvellous or what?

1 comment:

Claire said...

I salute them too.

We're glad to have you back online.