Sunday, January 30, 2011

No need for tranquillizers this morning. From the beginning of the second set, a few rallies excepted, the result was not in doubt. Djokovic was amazing and certainly deserved to win. Better luck next time for Andy Murray. He played hard, took his defeat well and doesn't give the impression of settling for second best so there's no need to consign him to history just yet.

I was celebrating one of Scotland's established champions last night at a Burns supper. It was a most entertaining evening, my toast to the lassies went down quite well and John Kelly delivered one of the best recitations of Tam O'Shanter that I ever expect to hear. I've made a mental note of some aspects of his performance and will unashamedly copy them should I have to do it myself sometime.

No comments: