Sunday, February 21, 2010

So that's the SCDA over for another year. The upside of not being a prizewinner is that we don't have to drag ourselves and the set to Grangemouth next month and I don't have the hassle of trying to find dates that suit everyone for a few rehearsals for the next round. But I do regret not having the opportunity to compete to take the show to Pitlochry Festival Theatre.

I thought the adjudicator's assessment of our production was absolutely fair but I can't say that I agreed with his decisions on the winners. I might have placed Livingston Players' "Womberang" amongst the first three for its energy and entertainment value but neither "Trifle" nor "One Day I Met Myself Coming Home" struck me as particularly good productions and how Trifle merited Best Stage Presentation is beyond me. There were at least two other shows, leaving my own out of contention, that were much more effectively presented than that recycled set last seen in an appalling piece about a paintball experience.

Claire has a nice set of pictures taken in the dressing room and at the after show party on Facebook and one of Umi's friends took some shots at the technical rehearsal which I hope to get hold of.

It's taken me four years to get this play on the stage and despite the lack of success in the competition I'm very pleased to have got there in the end and with a lovely team of players and backstage stars. Apart from the enduring memories of the production I've got this adorable set of cufflinks as a gift from the cast and crew. But I need to invest in a few more shirts with appropriately fashioned cuffs to fully enjoy them.

No comments: