Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I caught the tennis in dribs and drabs over the weekend. I saw the first set and a bit of the final before I went out in the morning and then managed to watch more after I came back from six hours set building. Tantalizingly I had to go out to a rehearsal at 11 points all in the third set tie-break. I had to quickly prevent someone there from revealing the result. But the result came quickly enough when I switched the recording back on - five minutes maybe.

A disappointing result but I'm sure that I can work hard at improving my groundling technique in time for the French Open. Scotland's next sporting disappointment will surely come on Sunday. I'll be set building again otherwise I might have been tempted to fly down to the Dryades for a "journée conviviale". A 9 hole scramble in the morning, lunch and Scotland versus France on the big screen in the afternoon.

The flashy DVD player/recorder that I bought primarily to see the tennis was nearly taken back to the shop on Monday because of a severe defect that caused it not to record as instructed and to scramble up the picture on a number of channels. Mysteriously it seems to have cured itself so I'm hanging on to it for a few more days to put its various functions through their paces and to record Scotland's defeat.

I suffered a little defeat of my own last night when I lost my rag with one of my cast. I had been determined to smile at all adversity throughout this production but alas a lass undid me.

No comments: