Thursday, December 24, 2009

Amongst the Christmas cards that have fallen on my hall carpet this week was a billet doux from the NHS that may have been 17 years en route. For it says that having passed my 50th birthday I have become entitled to have my bowel screened for cancer.

This free offer will lapse when I am 74 so let's hope that when I've popped the clever little sampling kit in the post it covers the road and the miles to Dundee rather more quickly than it got here.

No sign of irritable bowel syndrome from this happy chappie who was brightening up Princes Street yesterday.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I take your snowman - and I out-snow him. I'm after some kind of card terminology. Connor would know what to say. Anyway, check mine: http://cmfwood.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-eve-evening-and-im-as-plump.html

Unknown said...

Attractive snowperson!