Friday, January 15, 2016

Yesterday was bright and sunny so after lunch instead of scuttling off to my bedsit I had a good wander around some parts of the town that I had not seen.  There's an unmanned railway station where not many trains are scheduled although in its day it must have been quite busy given the size of the buildings.  The booking hall is now an art gallery, closed yesterday.  It's not far away from a smart gallery endowed by local family made good, the Wurths.  Adolf's little screw making business has grown into a worldwide group with 65,000 employees and is still family owned.  In Swabisch Hall they make solar panels.  On the way here from Stuttgart I saw solar panel farms but no wind farms although I've spotted one since.

Here's how things looked in yesterday's sunshine and here's the view from my window in today's snow

No comments: