Friday, August 07, 2015

My Festival going has got going.

First up was an excellent one man show.  Out of the hundreds of shows on offer I would never have chosen A Life with the Beatles but thanks to some minor involvement in getting it on the road I had a free ticket so I went.

Lucky me, for it's a production that sparkles.  Any monologue is hard to invest with sufficient life to hold your attention for an hour but director and actor between them, not to mention clever and attractive staging, lighting that overcomes the limitations of a poky hotel room and well chosen and precisely placed sound triumph against the odds.

If you are a Beatles fan you'll love it.  If like me you are indifferent you'll find it's a fascinating story told with verve and skill well worth an hour of your time.

No comments: