Monday, July 06, 2015

Yesterday was another opportunity to slog round a golf course in sweltering heat.  This time it was Les Dryades where I used to be a member.  They've cultivated the rough considerably since I was last there, much to the annoyance of many members whose pressure forced a cutback to a degree but it still remains a more challenging course than it was.

Fortunately I buy balls at a price level that allows me to dispense with the tedium of searching in long grass for the regulation five minutes.  Unfortunately many of my fellow players are assiduous retrievers of wayward balls however little they may have paid for them.

Anyway the first nine were followed by a relaxing lunch on the terrace before battle commenced again and a good time was had by all.  Despite their much vaunted culinary reputation in my experience there is nothing that the French golfer at least enjoys better than a nice steak and chips for his lunch.  It was only me who had something else.

Second only is fish and chips which were supplied at the Dutch run open air eatery and campsite where we ended up in the evening.  I joined in the fresh from the freezer, battered at at sea feast bemoaning only the lack of brown sauce.


No comments: