Thursday, April 25, 2013

The McEwan Hall is used to fancy dress in the form of academic gowns and mortarboards but today the students of the Edinburgh College of Art (but lately fully incorporated into the university) were holding their fashion show there.

For an absolutely delightful hour and a half we were treated to a parade of imaginative, colourful and beautiful work.  Especially interesting I thought were the performance costumes.  It all sped past so fast that I'm treating myself to a DVD of the event if I can get the website to accept my money.

Here's just a few tasters from the snaps I managed to take.
   

The members of the Scottish National Jazz Orchestra could benefit from a word with some of those students. They produced a great concert of big band music this evening but in their grey suits, white shirts and conservative ties they looked a little dull. Something to do with the jazz musician's need to have his music taken seriously is it?

1 comment:

Claire said...

Perhaps you can have a DVD viewing one night. I'm sorry I missed it.