Friday, July 20, 2012

When I read the jazz festival programme I was intrigued by one of the opening concerts.  A trumpet and piano duo playing jazz improvisations on Italian operatic themes seemed worth a punt.

It was in the Queen's Hall this evening but not too many people were as intrigued by the idea as I was.  I don't think there could have been 150 in the house.  I'd like to say that the unintrigued missed a wonderful evening but I didn't enjoy it very much.

The unintrigued had bet on another show and thousands of them were teeming out of the Festival Theatre as I passed on my way home looking as though they had had a great evening with Maggie Bell & Blues N' Trouble.

Earlier in the day I saw Killer Joe having been intrigued by the trailer a few weeks ago.  It was entertaining enough but not quite as rewarding as I had expected.

The best thing I saw today was Tiger Woods' final shot of the day out of a greenside bunker and into the hole.  In his post round interview he said it wasn't as difficult as it looked but believe me don't believe him.

No comments: