Friday, December 23, 2011

A friend from my Zambian days who now lives in Iceland added me recently to a Facebook group that has been set up for those interested in Kitwe Little Theatre, former members of Nkana Kitwe Arts Society (NKAS) for the most part.

I duly wrote a little post and included a link to the website in which I've recorded all the shows that I had anything to do with in Zambia.  Another former NKAS member now living in Portugal looked through it and wrote me a very nice email.  She also passed the website address to yet another former member who lives in retirement in the south of France. Mike, for that is his name, came across mention of a show called Not Dead Only Sleeping on my site.

I've recorded the fact that I was in it with a scan of the programme as proof but noted that I didn't actually remember the show and could only guess what I might have done in it.  Well Mike produced it but he couldn't remember what I did either. However he kindly sent me this photo of my number and all is revealed.  

It's a Billy Connolly sketch and the body language tells me that it's that point in The Crucifixion where the Roman soldier is about to stick his spear in Christ's side.  It's a great sketch though it did earn me a death threat from an affronted Christian on one occasion.  The hair is not genuine by the way.

No comments: