Wednesday, December 14, 2011

An artist friend of mine was exhibiting at the weekend so I wandered along to have a look.  Judging by the work on display he'd spent the summer on the beach and indeed he told me that there's a beach an easy walk away from his summer residence.  It's one of those manmade lakeside beaches that you find all over France so there are shady trees to sit under with your sketch pad and a handy bar in which to slake your thirst. I like his work and one day I may buy a painting to add to the prints that I bought a couple of years ago but it was not to be this time.

I wandered on to Stockbridge market and bought what turned out to be the tastiest bread I've had since I left France in September and that's counting Manna House breads.  The baker was in fact French but I came home with delicious Scottish products too.  Yummy chutneys from Portobello and Perthshire and succulent lamb from Liddesdale.

There were plenty more food stalls and other goods of interest so I'll be loafing around there again.

No comments: