Friday, May 20, 2011

It would seem that in my case the effect of jet lag increases as time goes on. Not only did I drop off around tea-time yesterday causing me to be late for a drinks appointment but last night I slept for an unprecedented nine hours.

In between I stayed awake for the Grads production of A Comedy of Errors. This is all about the mistakes and confusion provoked by the arrival in Ephesus of a master and his servant each of whom has an identical twin in the city.

The Grads original twist on this story is that their sets of twins are not exactly identical. Although that may seem daft I found it quite helpful in following the plot and since the other members of the cast behave as though they were identical the farce rolls along with the fun and games that Shakespeare had in mind unimpaired.

Any of my readers thinking of mounting a production of Laurel and Hardy should rush along. There is a perfect Stan on display and with a bit of fattening maybe an Ollie as well.

No comments: