Thursday, June 24, 2010

It was a long and weary drive from Dover on Monday but for a change I went up the M11 and the A1 and then cut across country on the A68. The A68 drive is through lovely scenery and is very exhilarating with its ups and downs but can be a bit frustrating if you get stuck behind a lorry or a Sunday driver.

The evening was the sort of evening that has been hard to find in the Creuse this month, warm and sunny. So I did what I hadn't done in France; sat out in the garden with a glass of wine and watched the sun go down. Admittedly my Edinburgh garden is a little less than 2000 square metres and is perched on top of the flat below's window bay without a forest view but I'm very pleased with the progress of my plantings. Here's a sample.
I didn't actually sit but if I bought a little collapsible camping stool I'm sure I could squeeze it in and feel very continental.

Since then it's been tennis and tempest. Not that I've been playing in a storm. I've been glued to the telly for Wimbledon and torn myself away for a couple of rehearsals of The Tempest. So the good weather is wasted on me really.

No comments: