Monday, October 19, 2009

Pursuing my public-spirited inclinations I have in the last few days complained to Lothian Buses about the continuing absence after more than a year of this gadget from my stop and to the Scottish Parliament about the continuing presence of these ghastly railings after a period of what seems like several years.
The railings were put up because some careless sod fell into the decorative pool but that was yonks ago and whatever you think of the building these crowd control railings do not add to the aesthetics of the site and it is surely time that some nifty, beautiful and inspired architectural solution was found. Is there a new Miralles around?

The Parliament has acknowledged my complaint and promised a full and frank reply within 20 working days.

Lothian Buses have gone one better and given me their full and frank reply already. It seems, surprise, surprise that it's all to do with the trams. But something I didn't know is that it is the City Council that's in charge of bus trackers not LRT. The bus man suggest that the council have decided to leave reinstatement of the Shrubhill bustrackers till the rails are laid. I don't know why Shrubhill should suffer when other affected trackers are back in working order but we shall see what the Council have to say for the busman has forwarded the correspondence to them.

No comments: