Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday dawned overcast and cool so I decided that it was not a day for lakeside fun and played golf. My game was poor to middling as usual with just enough good shots to make me think that it’s not yet time to retire defeated. I was particularly pleased to finish the tricky 18th with an excellent greenside bunker escape and a deadeye dick putt. The pro happened to be watching and my exploit was greeted with a round of applause, but Kevin somehow manages to get a strong hint of sarcasm into his applause.

Before heading off to the golf course I checked my email and found a missive from Skype telling me that to prevent them from gobbling up my credit I must make use of their services pronto. I’m not sure why I ever established this credit because I never use it except to prevent it from being forfeited. Usually I send myself a one word SMS which is hardly much better than just letting them have the money.

But this time I spent 0.0552 pence on an SMS to a friend whose web silence had been troubling me. I need to send another 16,000 or so such texts to use up my credit so it’s a bit unfortunate that she’s broken that silence already.

No comments: