Saturday, May 23, 2009

Maybe I should invest in a satnav. Despite knowing the way I managed to take a couple of wrong turnings thus lengthening the already tedious two day drive from Edinburgh to Barbansais.

But what a joy to arrive to already cut grass. It was expensive but we thought it worthwhile to keep the place looking neat and tidy while it was for sale. Avoiding all that backbreaking work that I've had to do every Spring was just a happy by-product. If it's still for sale at the end of the Summer I'll be tempted to argue for spending the money again.

Mind you I haven't got off entirely. For some reason they decided that the stretch of grass between the gable end and the road wasn't part of the deal so I've got about 100 square metres to sort out.

That plus the ceiling that has collapsed over the cellar has slightly taken the smile off my face.

No comments: