Saturday, March 10, 2007

I went to see a film about Leonard Cohen the other day. It was in fact a tribute concert held in Australia a year or two ago where his songs were covered by various people interspersed with extracts from interviews with the man himself and with celebrity admirers. Quite an entertaining couple of hours. But not a patch on Goodbye Lenin which I saw the previous week.

On my way I had time to spare and bought a paper. From time to time I buy a foreign paper to keep my language skills from atrophy. On this occasion it was the Corriere Della Sera. Brushing up my Italian was brushed aside by a front page picture of the mess left by Celtic supporters who were in Milan for their match against AC Milan last Wednesday.

Feeding my obsession with litter I discovered that on their website is a whole gallery of pictures devoted to Celtic's visit and many of them focus on the supporters' debris.

It appears that the Tartan Army may have renounced physical violence but still wreaks an unpleasant amount of havoc.

No comments: