Saturday, November 22, 2014

I played golf yesterday for the first time in months.  Absence has not made the game grow stronger.  On the other hand I didn't seem to play much worse and I only lost two balls.

It's difficult to measure how you are doing when you are hacking round by yourself, playing two or more balls on a hole if there are no players pressing behind.  You need the discipline of competition and a scorecard.  I expect that discipline would have made me feel more disappointed.

Tomorrow we move into the theatre for next week's production of Festen.  Part of the effort to publicise the show is to create little video trailers that are tweeted and distributed via Facebook.  These in this case consist of the characters talking about the birthday party they are about to attend and which is the context in which the play takes place.  They are being released one a day and mine hit social media this morning.  For the unsocial media savvy here it is.

No comments: