Monday, August 20, 2012

Lots of people around me at Fresh Cuts were snapping away with big fancy cameras but all I had was my phone and it produces pics of this doubtful quality so I contented myself with watching the show.

It was great fun and there were even some clothes that looked wearable.

The models were of course ultra skinny and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that one or other had something in common with the protagonist in MessCleverly, entertainingly and amusingly presented, Mess dealt nonethless with the serious matter of anorexia.  Its moving last moments left us to ponder on the possibility or not of a happy ending.

There was no happy ending to The Intervention although the actor sobbing on the floor clutching a waste binful of alcohol as the lights dimmed bounced up pretty quickly with a big grin on his face to take his call.  A moment of sobriety to allow the audience to reflect on the game of who's to blame for Zac's downfall that we had all just seen would not have gone amiss.

But enough moralising.  That's my festival going finished.  I don't have time to follow up the recommendations specially prepared for imminent channel crossers so till the next time, ciao.       

No comments: