Sunday, June 10, 2012

At the ECA degree show there is a superb documentary about the protests last year in the Yemen.  You can't believe the bravery of the cameramen covering the events. It's already been shown at several festivals and will no doubt appear again.  You can see a trailer on Youtube and here's a short interview with the director and some extracts from the film.

I'd gone to see one of the films that I was involved in because although it will be screened at Filmhouse shortly its on an evening when I have to rehearse our Fringe show.  In fact when I walked in one I hadn't expected to see, 16 Across -  Knitting a Statement , was flickering across the wall near life size.  The Matinee Idol wasn't projected while I was there but I was able to watch it on a computer screen.  It looked lovely in muted sepia tones and it was fascinating to see how the green screen we filmed against had been replaced by proper backgrounds.  There are bits and pieces of it on Facebook but to see the whole thing (which obviously you are dying to) get to the degree show tomorrow or Filmhouse on the 19th.   

No comments: