Thursday, September 10, 2009

I didn't catch sight of any interesting wildlife on my golfing excursion last week but I fear that I have now come across some traces of uninteresting wildlife at home. I thought I might be in for a nuisance free summer but some spoor appeared a few days ago in the cellar, their usual haunt.

I put down some poisoned grain and checking this morning I see that the bait has encouraged at least two species to come around for a nibble. The small droppings must be mice but the large lumps are surely from a stoat sized beast. It will take a daily bowl of enticing blue cereal for a week or two to discourage him from making our home his winter quarters.

1 comment:

Claire said...

A stoat sized beast?! How thrilling.

You could alternatively open a small animal petting child's zoo.